1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you when you use the Service. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
1. Account Information: If you create an account on Zupp, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile.
2. Public Content: The information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, Talk posts, Events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information through the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
3. Contacts: You can invite your friends to join the Service by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which friends you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we may transmit that information to Zupp long enough to process your invitations.
4. Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other Zupp users, businesses, and Zupp itself. You cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Zupp. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Zupp or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Zupp we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
5. Transactional Information: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as a reservation or purchase, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. Zupp does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Service, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses. For example, if you make a dinner reservation through the Service and write a review about your experience, we may publicly display the fact that you made your dinner reservation through the Service.
6. Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call using our mobile applications, and reservations and purchases you make through the Service. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the Zupp application in iOS privacy settings.
1. Processes: Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
3. Preferences: Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use your phone’s geolocation data.
4. Notifications: Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.
6. Analytics: Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
7. Managing Cookies: It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
2. Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service, such as reservations and food delivery. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
3. Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
5. Businesses on Zupp: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Service (such as which businesses you bookmark or call) with businesses listed on Zupp. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses may see your Public Content (as defined in Section 1(b) above) and receive information about your transactions with them, regardless of your settings. Additionally, if you make a phone call to a business through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share information about your call with the business that the business would have received had you called them directly, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number. You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone’s settings or phone service provider.
6. Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program. If you flag or otherwise complain to Zupp about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
7. Links: The Service may contain links to unaffiliated third party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
Facebook and Twitter: If you sign up for Zupp using your Facebook account or link your Zupp account to your account with a third party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. We may use this information to help you create your account on Zupp and connect and share public content with your friends and followers. Please note that if you interact with Facebook, Twitter, or other third party icons through the Service, including “Like,” “Share,” or similar buttons, those companies may collect information about you, such as your device’s IP address. Your interactions with these and other third parties are governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service. Users can also use the Find Friends feature to find one another based on their names or email addresses.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, Zupp may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Zupp Experiences, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
516 E Central Bvld.
Orlando, FL 32801
United States of America